A Couple More Edgie Ideas



I had a great time Friday Night with my scrappy girls! It was cold and messy outside -- but as usual it was warm, fun, friendly and full of encouragement inside! I had a couple more ideas about how to add an "edge" to your page and thought I would share them with you. In the layout above (ok...how funny is that picture of me and my sister putting on a "show?") I used a piercing tool to prepare my layout for some hand stitching (I wanted to add a bit more orange to the layout). Then before i did the sewing, I used some distress ink in a similar tone to the background cardstock to darken the edge...then went ahead and added the orange stitching.


On the layout below -- I simply used a pencil and a scalloped edge ruler to mark the scallops onto my background. I then painted with white paint on the outside of the scallops and finished it off with a sharpie giving a good thick line to the edge.



Comments

  1. Oh Jann! I love how Show Girls turned out. Do you know that I have never seen you "start" a layout before. It was a little bit strange Friday night when I saw a blank piece of green paper in front of you. You are truly amazing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:18 PM

    How hard do you rock, Sister-friend? Love it and love you!

    -Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:40 PM

    wow you are the queen of techniques.. Ive got to start a Jann idea book filled with all these little tips and tricks...lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"