Sunday, September 23, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
Saturday, September 15, 2007
I love this picture of my sister sitting in the middle of the bed -- she is so animated -- which how we both are when we stay up talking these days. We did the same thing when we were little -- although it was mostly giggling then.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
I need your help. My Dad is turning 80 at the end of this month. I am in the process of putting together a mini-album for his birthday. The goal is to have pictures from every decade of his life...along with quotes about Dads/Fathers and I want there to be 80 of them and I am running out of ideas. I would love it if you would help me by leaving a message here finishing one of these sentences:
A Daughter needs a Dad because....
A Daughter loves her Dad because....
I have just finished organizing my studio and have created two boxes filled with surprises and scrapping goodies. If you leave me a message here finishing one of those two sentences, I will
Saturday, September 08, 2007
Ok...this didn't scan very well...but I took this "cool" picture of two Heidi Swapp hearts floating in a wine glass...IRL the photo looks clearer...I added the real hearts on top of the photo...the plan was to keep it simple to highlight the picture -- but since the picture doesn't look so good here you kind of miss the effect. ha!
Journaling: Our pure love was worth waiting for... I knew I would know it when I found it...and I just kept waiting. Honey, you are the best there could have ever been for me and even if I found you later than I would have liked -- it was worth waiting for.
Friday, September 07, 2007
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Hope you are all doing well this week. I am hoping the have a scrappy weekend. I feel the need for just a big slice of it. How about you
Monday, September 03, 2007
- When I was in graduate school, I had to make a documentary on an assigned topic. Mine was supposed to be on a local rattlesnake roundup (I went to college and post-grad in Texas). There are very few things I am afraid of -- but snakes are definitely one of them. It was one of the scariest experiences I have ever had...but now -- it is kind of funny to watch the video...I was in the middle of a pit of rattlesnakes (more than 300) and trying to do the interview with the snake wrangler shaking like a bowl of jello. Perhaps it was just a confirmation that I was never supposed to be a news anchor or reporter! Ha. As a sidenote -- rattlesnake really does taste like chicken.
- I remember random useless facts...like what color shoestrings someone I met ONE time was wearing...don't know why I do this -- but it did come in handy in school for remembering facts...I am old enough now that my brain is crowded with bizarre useless information -- but fortunately, sometimes it comes in handy.
- I think the three most relaxing places on earth are Amalfi, Italy, Abaqui, New Mexico and Maui, Hawaii.
- It takes me three days to unwind on vacation -- oh I relax on the first three -- but it is on the fourth that my brain stops thinking of all the stuff I am NOT doing...this is on my list of things to try and work on because very rarely do I get more than one or two days in a row to relax...so clearly I need to learn to RELAX FASTER! *laughing*
- I have a goal to read all of the New York Times Best Sellers list novels this year.
- There is something about chocolate pudding that makes me happy.
- The best sleep I ever get is when: there is a thunderstorm that lasts ALL night, I am sleeping on an overnight train or I have the bunk on the bus that is over the generator...there is a low hum to all of them that seems to lull me to sleep.
- When I grow up I want to write a novel.
Ok...let's see my turn to tag. I tag Terri, Annie and Bethani
Here is a layout I finished today -- after working most of the day on this week's lesson plans...it is a picture I have had of Royce for awhile...I love that it captures him in the midst of trying to figure out if he should say something or not. Someone who doesn't know him would probably just think he was "watching" the situation...but to those who know his personality...he is clearly distressed with the way something is being done. Unlike myself -- he does a GREAT job though at weighing his words before jumping in to give direction...I love that about him...and I love this picture.