Christmas 2012: Tattered Poinsettia (December Daily Cover)






I really love the Tim Holtz Poinsettia die and embossing folder! Used together they create a really gorgeous flower. 


I cut several out of watercolor paper. I found that watercolor paper is great for using Distress Stains on - they absorb the color but don't pill up AND they give you a really great impression when you use them in the embossing folder.



The key to making the flower so vintage and sparkly - is to use a combination of Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint and Dry Distress Glitter. Love how they turned out - they have a bit of a vintage porcelain flower look when you see them up close.

I created a tutorial that you can watch here or on YouTube if you want to see the details of how I created the cover for my December Daily.




Hope you have a great week...and be sure and save some time for creative play!

Blessings,
Jann

Comments

  1. Jann these are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

    One of these days I am going to sit down with a pot of coffee and watch your you tube videos. I'm sure I could learn a lot watching them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:39 PM

    WHOA! I'm blown away by the cover of your book! Those poinsettia blossoms are stunning! Love the water color paper trick you used to bring out the embossed images.

    I think I will have to ask "Santa" for some Tim Holtz dies :D Wonder how soon Mr. Holtz will be stopping by your blog and featuring you in one of his posts once again? Soon I hope because you do deserve the recognition.

    Love you - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jann your book is lovely. I love your work. Thank you for all your videos. I'm enjoying your art. Blessings Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jann your book is lovely. I love your work. Thank you for all your videos. I'm enjoying your art. Blessings Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your video. I used your tutorial to make some poinsettias for Christmas cards. I took me forever, and I only made three cards, but they turned out beautifully. I kept one for myself. lol. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"