Monday, July 10, 2006

Back in Nashville

Hello friends...

Well, I am now back in Nashville...and I was surprised how much it felt like I was "coming home" as the wheels landed on the runway. Nashville has become "home" to me because of you all my dear friends. What a blessing you are to me.

As I pulled up to my driveway I noticed two things....

1. My friend had planted some rhododendrums in my flowerbed...I am very excited about that because I LOVE hers...and hope I can manage to keep them alive and cared for.

2. There was something hiding in my bushes....it turned out to be a "Benji" like dog...probably six months old....she seemed kind of scared at first -- but water and some "treats" coaxed her out. She seemed to be well groomed. but she didn't have a collar on -- so I am hunting for her family. In the meantime, I have a cute and a bit rambunctious puppy in my backyard. My Anastasia comes home tomorrow -- so that will be interesting to watch.

A bit of an update on Mom...

She was released from the hospital last Wednesday...and got to go home with Hospice care. She is considered in need of "critical care" -- so that means that hospice will send someone out to be with her 24 hours a day. She is eating a little bit still...but isn't awake very much...and doesn't talk very much. My nephew put together a long video loop of pictures of all of us in the family and the hospice worker just keeps that looping for her...she seems to enjoy looking at it.

I saw her for the last time on Saturday night. Royce, Mona (a good friend of mine that I was working the event in Dallas with) and I went over after our event was done. She was awake and having a pretty good day...so we were able to talk a bit...and she even laughed at something that Royce said. That really made me happy -- so see her sense of humor still intact.

I also had a few minutes by myself with her to say my "good-byes." It is unlikely that she will live more than a few weeks...but I feel like I had some very precious time with her while I was in Dallas...and will treasure that. ALso, my friend, Mona -- found a small notebook that my Mom kept track of all kinds of things in for the past few months -- (becauase she is diabetic she has to track what she eats and her bloood sugar levels). I had scrapbooked her a new one for Christmas -- and this is what Mona found....and it is filled with other thoughts besides her food record. There are prayers for specific people....her thoughts on a book she was reading...what she recalled from various conversations with me and my sister...as well as weather reports and things she remembered from her childhood. It is a treasure trove of information -- and I am sure some of it will have to end up on some scrapbook pages in the near future.

Well...I am going to have to run -- I came home with bronchitis....so am trying to fight it off with some strong antibiotics ( had to get a shot -- *YUCK*)....and rest. Will look forward to seeing you all very soon in person.

Love you all

6 comments:

  1. I've been gone too long. What was Royce doing with you in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you're home!! I can only imagine how hard this is. Just know that I love you. I know I keep saying that but it's all I know to say! I love you, I love you, I love you. I'd do anything for you. Big hug and kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very happy that you are home!
    I hope that you are feeling better after your shot.
    My heart hurt when I read about your mom.
    It was 6 years ago this August that my mom died. (Dad died 5 months before her.)
    Seems like yesterday.
    My prayers are with you my dear friend.
    So glad that you could spend some special quiet time with her.
    Oh...did I say I was happy you are home?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please call if you need ANYTHING.Remember, no time is off limits for my cell phone number. I want to call you, but I am afraid of waking you up (I hope you are getting some sleep so you can get healthy). Take care dear friend. You are so loved and supported - it warms my heart to see everyone pouring out their love for you. And, welcome back home :)
    Love you - Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you are HOME! Also I am glad to hear that you had a nice special visit with your Mom. Take care of yourself, get better soon, let me know if I can bring you anything..I will just leave it on your porch and run so I don't catch it. (hee hee) I will call you tomorrow..I have lamaze tonight/Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. he jann . . . you and your mom are in our thoughts and prayers. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann