In Character

I love the new cardstock that Jenni Bowlin has created with Coredinations. It is embossed and is made of two contrasting colors -- this one is red behind black. When you sand it -- the red is revealed in the pattern of some of her papers. It is delightful!



I used my cricut to cut out the large label shape -- and then used some temporary tape to tack it onto the page. Then I took some sandpaper and wrapped it around a stamping block so that I would have a fairly large flat surface with which to sand. The die cut kept me from sanding the cardstock where it was sitting so it left a great place to put my photo. I thought the background had a bit of a stamped leather look -- so decided to use it for the picture of Royce when he was headed out to PowWow (Royal Rangers -- camp) -- the men always go as guys from the 1800's -- and the character he has developed over the years is Trader Gray. The boys love to come up with something to "trade" with him for -- so he has amassed quite a collection of pointed sticks and arrowhead shaped rocks!

I loved this whole collection from Jenni Bowlin this month...her papers and embellishments always inspire me -- and this one really did too. I will be busy with November's kit for a while!



Wanted to show you a close up of this flower...I saw a tutorial here and had to make one....the 4 inch mini papers were perfect for this technique. Go check it out and make some for yourself.

Comments

  1. yay! jannspiration!!!

    lovely composition, I agree the embossed paper is 'delightful'!

    thanks for the link to the tutorial also, very cool technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That layout is phenomenal Jann! What a great idea to do with that paper - I'll have to get me some of that. :)
    I've sure been missing you.
    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layout, Jann! I think you will see those flowers on my LOs soon. Thanks for sharing it. Advance Happy Thanksgiving, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page! Love the masking technique you used! That cardstock is too cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"