Make It Monday #101 Layered Embossing: Valentines Card


I can't believe that January is coming to an end! Really?!?!? One month of 2013 already gone? Whew...I need to step up my game! *smile* Well - this week I had a blast participating in the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge. This week the challenge was to Layer Embossing...so that is exactly what I did...I used the Mhendi Medallion stamp set and a stamp positioner to first stamp the large medallion and embossed it with detail black embossing powder.

Then I punched four squares out of Aqua Mist, Hibiscus Burst, Limeade, and Hawaiin Shores.  I laid them on top of the medallion and using the stamp positioner and stamped the large medallion again onto the four squares with versa mark ink - and embossed with detail clear embossing powder.


Once the squares had cooled, I stamped each square with L, heart, V & E with versa mark ink and sprinkled them with detailed white embossing powder. Before you heat the this layer of the embossing powder - be sure and let your heat tool get hot so you don't have to over heat the powder...and you won't get as much blurring between the two layers. Once they had cooled the second time, I popped them back in place over the original medallion on a layer of dimensionals. I added a bit of a flurry of confetti hearts - just because it seemed like a happy thing to do!

This is a fun technique...I hope you will try it for yourself!

I am working on our next series...which will be a few Valentines Day Projects. I hope you will join me over on YouTube - I had a messy and fun session of creative play - and want to invite you to visit my studio - and we even end up actually creating a Valentines Day Card!  Bonus!




Comments

  1. Jann, you did it again! The effect looks like a transparency! I can't wait to give this technique a shot! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll try ths today...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:10 PM

    What a fabby technique Jann, must put that in my book to try out :) Along with a thousand and one other techniques all queuing up to try!! I do like that look and your finished card is delightful.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore this card! Would love to see what this stamp set looks like and I'd love to see that technique in action. You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"