Journal Your Christmas

One of the things my grandmother, Jammy Jane, used to always say to me was "never stop learning." Her advice has become one of the tenets of how I live my life...I love to learn -- I love to try new things. I love to take classes from other scrappers -- I think it helps me think outside my "creative zone." Thought I would share with you something that I am participating in this Christmas...It is Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class. We get a prompt every day on what to journal about that day -- with a couple of challenges (ideas to try while we are working on our pages). I really wanted to participate in this class because I love the idea of recording some daily thoughts during this holiday season -- Honestly...there have been days that I did my writing/journaling but didn't get around to scrapping the page until the next day -- which I think is fine considering how busy this time of year gets to be.


This is the cover...had a super fun time playing with Tim Holtz's new grungeboard...this stuff is A-mazing! It bends -- it folds -- it inks and paints and is, of course, TOTALLY distressable.

The snowflake page is about -- what else -- the weather for Christmas...I pulled out the snowflake mini-album from Maya Road that I never got around to working on this fall...and took a couple of pages from it and glued them together to form the page. The page on the right is a little sleeve to fill with cards and letters (one of my favorite parts of this album) after Christmas is over. I have used several vintagey Christmas items (like the old Christmas card) as part of this journal...and know I will enjoy having it out as part of my Christmas decoration.

Hope you are capturing some of your thoughts during this season...and hope you are continually learning...What would you like to learn to do this year that you haven't done before?

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:46 PM

    Very cute journal, Jann! I just so wish I had time for that, now, when I need to have time for it! I've got to plan that stuf in....January! Looking forward to seeing it all finished! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:05 PM

    I agree - I wish I had time and more specifically my own room to scrap and creat in....someday. Miss you my friend. Think of you during this time and climbing in the attic to get all of your christmas decorations....fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jann,
    Told ya before I love that christmas album. But, girl how do you do it. I was (note the word trying) to journal the 10 days leading up to christmas. I am already 2 days behind -- and it is a mini-mini album. YOU ARE MY HERO and you so rock!!!!!! Congrats again on the catwalk -- and I hope you and yours have a fab Christmas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"