Deep Thoughts...

I have recently begun attending a women's Bible Study here in Mt. Juliet. I wish you could see the HUGE smile on my face as I type that. I have missed studying God's word alongside other women. When I lived in Dallas, this was so much a part of my every day life -- it was almost like breathing. But with my travel schedule being what it has been the past 5 years -- it has been virtually impossible to make the kind of commitment to bible study group that one should when beginning a new study. It might have been different if there had been a group of ladies that I was already grounded with -- and they could have pulled me back in based on our past relationships -- but, well -- enough about the past...because I am NOW studying with a group of ladies that are just a blessing from God to me.


We are studying the Psalms of Ascent (Psalms 120 - 134) with Beth Moore...and these Psalms are just so perfect for me (well each of us actually)...because they were originally written for pilgrims...those going to Jerusalem for one of the feasts...or captives returning from exile. They were to be sung as they walked....WHOA! As Beth Moore says, "I don't get in my car for a long trip without a compilation CD!" Psalms -- which are the songs from the Bible were meant to be sung...songs of praise, songs of remembering, songs of lament...songs of joy, songs of need --- well, in truth there is a Song just about EVERY EMOTION. These days, I seem to have LOTS of those various emotions rolling through me...and the words that I wish to say back to God are right there on the pages of HIS WORD....how cool is that?!?!? Well, to me it is awesome...

Beth said something during our lesson this past week that just stuck with me. In referring to the power of songs she said, "Song is the language our soul speaks most fluently." WOW -- yes...YES! We teach children to remember things with songs (ABCDEFG....you can finish it if you need to -- I can't start that song without going all the way to the end). You can finish a line to a song that you don't even listen to completely...it is just playing in the background on your car radio. I think she is really onto something. When I have traveled to other countries where I didn't speak the language -- but was able to share a song with someone...we had a moment of bonding. Common language. I guess this brought about a LOT of thought on my part -- so last night I had to sit down and create a layout to express it all....here it is... (Used Crate Paper papers, Bazzil Swiss Dots, Tim Holtz masks and a couple of stamps).



a little close up of the "rambler" letters....they are all kind of whacked out....cause I felt like they were on a bit of a "journey" or pilgrimage too...

Thanks for letting me ramble....are you thinking any "deep thoughts" lately? Wanna share? Hope you are headed towards a good weekend and a wonderful holiday next week. I do have a couple of spots left open in the Advent Calendar Class I am teaching on Tuesday, so let me know if you have time or interest in attending.

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:33 AM

    I did that study earlier this spring! So amazing! Very eye-opening! You will enjoy it! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Great quote. With my dh as the music minister at church, this is perfect! I see a mural on the choir room wall... :)

    Michelle H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"