It's a "Texture" kind of day!




I went into my studio with the intention of making some Valentines...and well - I ended up playing around with some texture fades, paint and crayons! I had the best time...and wanted to share the results with you. I am going to do a video tutorial in the next day or so - but thought I could whet you appetite with a couple of pictures. I love how these turned out...and I just kept on playing (more "scraps" to go into the pile to be used for the Stash Diet Challenge)

The Valentine Card at the top of this post was created by adding some dictionary paper to a piece of thin chipboard (like a cereal box kind of thickness) with gel medium. Then I ran it through my die machine with the Houndstooth texture folder. The next step for all of these was to use a really CHEAP crayon to rub and add color to the raised portion of the embossed surface. The wax from the crayon will resist just about ANY paint or waterbased ink that you rub over it - so from there it was just "Katy Bar The Door" and "All Bets Are Off" kind of fun. I used paint dabbers, colorbox ink, distress ink and mists to stain the background...and just wiped off the excess medium from the waxy surface with a baby wipe. Here are some other examples of what I created using variations on this technique.







I promise I will get the video tutorial done in the next day or so -- but wanted to get you "thinkin about the possibilities!" I had a blast and hope you will too!

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:46 PM

    These are beautiful. Looks like you have had a lot of fun and one thing lead to another :-) The embossing folders you have are really something. Makes me want to reach in and touch these pieces.

    Looking forward to the video.
    Love you - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!!! oh the ideas! Thanks for sharing these - I will have to try some tomorrow!!!

    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jann- These are BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved watching your tutorial on these. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"