Lovely Treasures

Royce and I had so much fun today...

We went to the Nashville Flea Market...I almost can't even describe what it is like...everything from socks (a bundle of eight for $1) to gorgeous antique furniture and everything in between. I found a few treasures. An old bible -- with beautiful illustrations -- printed in 1895...OVER 100 years old...so very cool....a turkey cookie cutter.... a 1937 World Atlas -- you wouldn't believe how lovely the maps are...a string of chandelier crystals and this incredible stamp box -- from an old store...full of stamps they used to make signs for the store... I wanted the box for storing my stamps -- it has wonderful divisions in it and LOTS of character. Royce bargained for the box AND all the stamps -- it was just so much fun to watch ... and then I got to bring it home. Can't wait to get it set up in my studio....and I simply HAVE to find a way to use some of these stamps...they are a riot...here is a list of a few of them:

HAM
PORK CRACKLINS
ROAST
PACKAGE
SMOKED TURKEY
(do you notice the MEAT theme?)
No. 2 GRADE
PRIME
and 30 more...



Comments

  1. My dad is a butcher and has a lot of the meat stamps you described - never thought about using them on a layout! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!!! and beautiful stuff! Love old books - especially Bibles. I can just imagine its history...

    ReplyDelete
  3. great scores. I think you are the one who has me using the word, oh crap, I forgot what it's called when you see some...OH! Repurposing! I even type out loud. SMH.

    I'm sure you can find a good reason to use your fun stuff. You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series