Monday, February 09, 2009

Stamping on Buttons



I am so excited about this Monday morning...I think there is something fresh and new about the beginning of a new week. Hope you are anticipating a great week too.

Today's card started from a scrap of vintage wall-paper. I sometimes think I am an "old" lady stuck in a young woman's body -- just because of the things that I love!

There really wasn't much needed for this card after I glued the scrap of paper to my card...just wanted to pull out some of that red and green in the embellishments...and chose a couple of buttons to do that. They looked too "modern" on the page...so I decided to stamp a bit on them.

To stamp on plastic you need to use solvent ink (Like Stazon or Archiver Ink by Ranger). Because of the rounded surface on buttons, I have found that small stamps work best. You can stamp and turn the button several times until it has been covered with the image the way you like.

Just tie a bit of twine through the buttons and add to your page...and you have a lovely embellishment!

Have a superb week...filled with lots of creativity!

2 comments:

  1. Did you emboss the buttons after you stamped them? Or put something over them so the ink wouldn't smear? Also did you use white ink?

    Simply Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also feeling awesome this Monday! The more springlike weather and sunshine is doing it along with help from my Savior! I am determined to be His beacon this week and see the positive in everything & everyone! (I struggle with the latter at times!)

    I came across a little stash of vintage wallpaper this weekend and need to do something with it. You've inspired me! (as always!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann