Herd It Was Your Birthday

Summer is full of birthdays in our family...and that is just the excuse I need to get out my stamps and come up some fun new cards...and my family knows that I really can't resist a good pun!


Thought I would share this fun little card with you...it is square 4.25 x 4.25.  I used a couple of Papertrey Ink stamp sets and Dies: On The Farm and Hello Sunshine.


The sky and grass part of the scene are from On The Farm - and I stamped the sky on a piece of My Mind's Eye paper from a 6x6 pad...love these for card making because they are smaller scale prints that work well for this format. I did a little machine stitching around each of the pieces to give them a bit of definition.















The cows in the "herd" were die cut with the On The Farm dies from another piece of My Mind's Eye paper...I love how they look kind of "mod-ish!" To make them stand out against the background, I took a Copic marker and just ran it around the edge...instant POP!

Finally, the sun was created by stamping some rays from the Hello Sunshine stamp set and then punched a half circle with a 2" scallop punch. I will definitely be using this combination for some other scenes...and I am totally in love with those spotted cows!




Have a great week...and try doing some "unexpected" thing during your creative time!

I am entering this card in the Make It Monday Challenge (stamping on patterned paper) over at Papertrey Ink.

Comments

  1. This is a darling card. I can't begin to tell you how much I love those cows. What a fabulous idea. PS--do you know you have word verification on--eek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the cows on patterned paper and the use of the hello sunshine set!- Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the cows on patterned paper and the use of the hello sunshine set!- Irma

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I am loving those polka-dotted cows!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:29 AM

    How fun! This card is the c-u-t-e-s-t! ever. That porcelain rooster adds to the scene :D

    Those cows are so perky all decked out in bright cheery colors. Your entry will win top spot in the challenge for Best Ever :D

    Love you - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polka dot cows are the best idea yet! Love the whole scene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:43 PM

    Love the cows and love the pun :)

    Hugs
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute and "pun-ney." LOL! I would have never thought of that! Great design too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"