Ok...I admit it...I am a bad blogger. You think no one will notice...but they do! It is kind of like when you wear a shirt that just isn't quite the same color of brown that your pants are and you fool yourself into thinking they won't see...or notice...but dang if they don't! It is one of those mixed blessings. You kinda think, "wow -- cool -- people pay attention to me!" and then there is the other side...."wow -- stink -- people pay attention to me and I can't get away with anything!" Oh well...to all who have noticed and mentioned...thanks for caring....and I will now oblige you with tales of my life.
A few moments in review--
1. Last night Royce came over while I had the TV on watching the "Miami Ink" marathon. His jaw dropped and he said, "well -- it took almost eight years but this is the first time you did something that I would never have guessed you would do...you actually LIKE that show?!?" To which I replied, "yes, I do -- I like the backstory of each tatoo...and the people in the shop's lives. It is kind of like a soap opera...except I don't normally like soap operas." Royce just shook his head. It is good to keep them guessing.
2. My Dad turns 79 this month and is a former pro-baseball player (from the early 50's) so I am working on a mini-album for him for his birthday.
3. My sister is working on finishing cleaning out my Mom's house and went to the city of Richardson to see how much it would cost to get one of those construction dumpsters brought to the house. Apparently it isn't that expensive ($30/week for getting it emptied)...but she had to sign a release stating that they would never find a "body" in the dumpster. A little weird -- but she says she is going to crawl up there and look everyday because it makes you think if you HAVE to sign a release to that effect that they used to get a lot of bodies disposed of that way. yeeeeech.
4. My house is in total disarray....and I just don't seem to have the energy to clean it. Between migraines, a huge load at work and insomnia making me exhausted...it just seems like I can't get motivated to get it cleaned. I hate that it isn't -- but I hate worse the idea of cleaning it from top to bottom. Maybe this little cycle will end soon...and I will be full of energy and just jump into the cleaning process with great vigor! (*laughing* -- yeah right!)
5. Royce has been doing a great job on working on his diabetes and blood pressure. He has been really watching what he eats (he doesn't take insulin shots) and been walking every night. This weekend the doc actually took him OFF one of his blood pressure meds because it was getting low enough on its own. I am so happy and proud of him. He has worked so hard and is seeing results.
6. I got to hold Baby Mattie this weekend...and it really helped my need for a baby fix. She is so beautiful and sweet. I enjoyed talking with Isobel too -- what a precious girl who has huge potential for scrapbooking...she really gets it and enjoys it. I also had a fun few minutes with B & D Beckman. I love how they are both totally together as twins yet totally different personalities. What fun to watch. The Greene triplets showed up at ScrapIt! too and gave me the giggles. I am so grateful that my friends share their kiddos with me...it is a such a gift.
Love you all...and thanks for noticing. I assume this means that if I ever have lettuce or spinach between my teeth you will be sure to tell me!