5 Smooth Stones

























There has been so much happenin in the past few weeks...and I just haven't been able to catch up. One wonderful surprise for me was that Royce arranged for me to attend a Youth Conference being held in Chatanooga, TN the weekend before Thanksgiving. While I attend LOTS of youth conferences...this one was different because Weston's band was leading worship. I got to be the official photographer...and it was a great learning experience in shooting in that kind of environment. His worship band...Five Smooth Stones had won a national worship leading contest...and were invited to lead worship at this conference. The band is 5 guys....ages 15-16 and for being as young as they are -- I think they are pretty terrific...of course, I am biased because Weston is the drummer. However, the response to them at the conference was awesome...so fortunately -- someone other than myself think they are good.
Royce and I had T-shirts made up for them to sell (a total surprise to them) with the logo you see above. They sold out the 12 dozen shirts we brought within just a very short time. I wish you could have seen these boys handling just this little bit of "fame." The girls were all giggly -- wanting their pictures taken with them...buying shirts. And while the guys tried to act "cool," you could totally tell that they were blown away with the response. I am sure I will have some fun scrapbooking to do with these pics. Right now I am in a major "reorganization of my space" so I can keep track of what I have and where it is -- so I haven't been doing any actual scrapping lately -- am itching to get started again though -- asap. Just wanted to share a couple of pics from the concert....will share the lo's when I get them done.
Yes...I am as proud as I can be. I claim him as my son...and while none of my genetics are in him...my whole heart belongs to him -- so I love seeing him have these wonderful experiences...and am so proud that he is using his talents for the Lord.
Who in your life are you proud of? I would love to know.
Love you...have a great week.

Comments

  1. I am proud of you - proud to be your friend and flattered that you are mine :)
    You are so grateful and thankful - you are always looking to better yourself and your relationship with the Lord, you are always looking to help your fellow human being, you give everything you have when you are committed to something or someone. You weather the storm and then go out and replant the gardens. In your now infamous words, 'I love you friend!' Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, LOVE that first picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! And I love the band's name!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"