New Goodies and An Idea



Can you believe that these yummy Ranger goodies were in my mailbox when I got home today? Me either! I got my design team package today...and these were part of it! I think I actually let out a "WHOOP!" This Summer's CHA was filled with so many products that I fell in love with...but in the category of paint and ink....these three have been at the top of my list. If you haven't seen them before....the big tub - is Rock Candy Crackle Paint....it gives a clear crackle effect to anything you paint it on....LOVE it for making tags and adding some OLD looking shine to them. Also there is the new Snow Cap Alcohol Mixative....I cannot wait to play with it. Just like the metallic mixatives (gold, silver, copper) it will ADD to the depth and texture when you are using your alcohol inks on acrylic, glass, ceramic or metal. Fun stuff....am sure I will have some ideas to share soon! And finally...the Picket Fence Distress Stain just makes me almost GIDDY! I have had fun playing with a few of the new Distress Stains - and they are super fun. You can check out my YouTube video here where I used them to create some tags that I am using on the cards I am sending to a friend in Afghanistan.


As you know I have been working to clean out my studio and get it organized and a great place to be inspired and creative. One of the things I have needed to find a new organizational solution for are my Movers & Shapers dies....as you can see in this picture, I have been piling them into a long skinney vintage enamel ware dish. Because they are "out of sight" I am less likely to use them....and tonight I had an idea of how to store them in a way that I will see them, enjoy them and definitely USE them more. I am off to go finish that project...and will do a tutorial video in the next few days to share what I came up with....so be on the look out!

Hope you are having a FANTABULOUS week. Over the weekend, I also received several packages of cards to send to my friend, Jason, over in Afghanistan. I talked with his sweet wife and he is doing well...but continues to realize that so many of the young soldiers over there need encouragement. I love when there is something tangible I can do to help and I so appreciate the kindness of those who have said they want to be a part of it too! I am still planning on sending the box of cards to Jason the first week of September...so there is still time to send me your cards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series