Sizzix Shapers Die Storage - Sneak Peek

You may remember my post a few days ago where I showed you how I have been storing my Sizzix Movers & Shapers Dies...and there they are in one of my FAVORITE enamelware dishes...but that dish slides onto a shelf...and well....out of sight really is out of mind with me...and I LOVE these dies and want to use them more. So I have been working on a solution...and I now have the "prototype" completed. Because the Movers and Shapers Dies are magnetic...I realized that I could make a metalic board for them that can hang on the wall beside my desk...totally in view when I am working. Here s what it looks like.
This really is just a sneak peek....because I am working on a tutorial...and after showing it to a couple of friends, they have said they would like to buy one...so I am working on how to do that in case you want one too. The trick is that your "board" has to be metallic with enough iron in it to allow the magnets to stick to it...and I have a few of them left over from a class I taught a couple of years ago (An Advent Calendar with magnetic dates)...thin enough to not weigh too much and with a hole predrilled for hanging from a hook or adding some ribbon.

So...I will finish up the video and edit it in the next day or so. I like how it turned out....hope you do too! Have a great second half of the week!

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:44 PM

    I've checked on your blog today. Good to see you posting again :-) I so love to learn what is going on in your world.

    Your excitement over the new Tim Holtz products comes through in your post :-) Can't wait to see what you create with your new goodies.

    What a fantastic - or as you say FANTABULOUS - idea for the "Mover & Shapers" dies. That piece looks so decorative with your dies on it and the background. Superb!!! No more "out of sight, out of mind". I so love this idea and may just have to steal it :-)

    Love you Girlfriend - Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series