Every Card Deserves to Be Unique



Materials you will need:
Ink: I used Distress Stain - but you could make your own with water and Distress Ink ReInkers
Stamping Ink: I used a couple of colors of Archival Ink by Ranger and Vintage Cream from Papertrey Ink
Tags: A small to medium tag will fit on an A2 size card
Stamps: I used several Tim Holtz stamps to create background texture and a focal image
Cardbase and Scraps from your stash


I was trying to come up with a way to make a LOT of cards without them looking like they were made with a cookie cutter - and this is what I came up with! Right now I am using this technique to make cards for a friend of mine who is stationed in Afghanistan to share with fellow soldiers that do not get mail or cards from home. I am writing a personal note in each one - and will trust Jason to know which one is meant for the particular soldier that needs it.

I know that there is a program called Operation Write Home...and it is terrific...but the focus of it is to provide the troops with cards that they can send back home...and what I want to do is send cards to soldiers that are scared, discouraged or homesick and just need a word of encouragement. My friend that is there will personally deliver them to whomever he feels is in need of a touch of kindness from "home." I am honored to do this - because I feel so very blessed to live in a country where men and women are willing to risk their lives so that we have the opportunity to live free, worship as we choose, work hard and have that hardwork pay off and where we don't have to fear reprisal for an opinion that is not popular with a government we didn't elect. I know I rarely sound this solemn - but I was reminded again over the weekend as I heard the horrible news that a helicopter crash took the life of more than 30 soldiers who were in the prime of their life. Our freedom isn't cheap...it comes at a great cost...and I don't ever want to take it for granted!

So if you are interested in helping me with these cards, please leave me a comment and be sure and give me a way to get hold of you. I will send you my address in an email. My goal is to ship a big box of them on September 1st...and would love to include any that you would feel led to make. Please make sure and write a personal note....they can be birthday, thinking of you, or thank you notes...and they don't have to be long - just a personal note that when the soldier gets it, they will know that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE thought enough of them to take the time to write them a note.

On a lighter note - this technique would also be great to use when making a year's worth of birthday cards, a set of thank you notes to give as a gift to a friend, invitations, or any time that you need to make "several" of something that you still want to be unique and one of a kind.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a FANTABULOUS week...and will find some time to engage in some CREATIVE PLAY!

Comments

  1. You, my dear friend, have the biggest heart full of love and compassion. I am finally on my way home and want to participate in this project of yours. I will be in contact with you by the end of this week.

    Love you - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so neat! You do make them look easy and so doable. Thanks for the inspiration. I would have loved to see how you put together the actual cards with these tags. May be it's there already and I need to find them. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"