House Full of Fun


I had fun with mica glitter this afternoon...and then playing around with my camera to try and figure out how to shoot the glittery stuff. As you can see I never did get the exact right exposure...although I ended up with some interesting results.
I saw these houses at Jenni Bowlin's house -- she had the big one covered in her papers and covered with this precious mica glitter. I didn't really have the patience for measuring and cutting to cover the house...so I sprayed the inside blue and the outside white...sprayed some seriously strong (gorilla like) glue onto the surface and sprinkled mica glitter. Of course now I personally look like a 1940's Christmas ornament. I loved the finished product -- especially with the "pop lights" inside giving a bit of glow through the vellum windows. I added red doors and a couple of pipe cleaner wreaths and some bottle brush trees to set the scene. These will certainly become part of my regular Christmas decorations.

Comments

  1. Those are beautiful Jann! What exactly are pop lights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's absolutely gorgeous! I need to learn how to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollye..."pop lights" may not be the right name...I just call them that...they are those little lights that run off of batteries that you can put anywhere and you touch them (press or pop) and they come on...you do it again and they go off...Most of the ones I had seen were big ones that you could put in a closet that didn't have a light built into it....but these were little mini ones that fit perfectly inside my houses...giving the house a bit of a glow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jannie!! So pretty! Where did u get the house themselves? Love them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!
    Elegant!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! I want one of those houses although I have no idea where I would put it. You did a great job! I would have never thought of doing that. Great pic too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"