Creative "Something" Day Thirty


I am feeling the need for a little sunshine today. Actually, when I woke up this morning -- the clouds were gone...and there was just the hint of a sunrise. The birds were certainly taking advantage of it. Oh, I know that winter still has many more days ahead -- but I love when you get a hint of the spring to come.
Today's card is my only little bit of sunshine. It is a gesso - resist technique. You first put the gesso down on your background...I used white...but you can tint gesso with acrylic paint to make it whatever color you like. Gesso has a chalky base...which makes it resist the Distress Inks (by Ranger and Tim Holz). After you rub in two or three colors of the distress inks (I chose shades of yellow, orange and red) -- spritz with water...it gives a water stain effect...and the bit of dampness lets you wipe away the bit of ink that is on the Gesso. I then stamped with archival/solvent ink (like Stazon) and embellished.
Hope you have found a little sunshine in your day too...you deserve it -- even if the weather is not cooperating -- create a spot of it for yourself! Have a great weekend.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:48 PM

    girl - i am so impressed. I have not had a chance to create AT ALL! I am too too busy -- AARGH!!!! I am so GREEN that you have so much mojo. WOW! Can I be like you when I grow up????

    Miss seeing you at SISTV but I hope to hang out there again real soon.
    Hugs friend!
    wendi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"