Creative "Something" Day Twenty-Two


Ok...I admit it -- I am a distress "fiend!"
There...I said it...and I am proud!
We tear our paper....scratch it....stab it.....why not PUNCH it!?!?!
I liked how this turned out -- this technique is DEFINITELY going to show up on a larger page.
Technique Tutorial:
1. Save up a bit of frustration. (ok -- don't save it up -- it will still work, it just makes it more fun)
2. Use heavy weight cardstock, card board...or a tag.
3. Use your cropadile (I used my Big Bite so that I could just move the paper and punch) or any where hole punch and randomly put holes into your paper. Punch a LOT...don't be shy
4. Make sure they overlap in some areas...and let some of your punches go off the page.
5. Use distress inks (starting with your lightest color) to add color to your background in swirly motions.
6. Stamp an additional image in Archival ink (most others will react to distress ink and not print so test your ink before your work on your main piece.
7. Run a distress tool along the edges to fray them a bit more.
8. Use distress ink (Walnut Stain or Frayed Burlap) to stain the edges....because you have distressed the edges the ink will absorb into the fresh paper edge, giving it an almost BURNED look.
9 (optional) take a Q-tip or edge of a makeup sponge and dab the punched holes with the same ink you used to stain the edges....just to give them the same aged look.
Enjoy -- and punch away -- I think you are gonna like it!

Comments

  1. you knew I was gonna ask, huh?!

    : .)

    thanks so much!!! since I am in lifting mode, I'm gonna try this tonite since I'm going straight home from work (no gym workout)!

    keep it comin' Lady!!! I so appreciate the sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:53 PM

    I love this. I am going to have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man, I'm so glad you posted this tutorial! This is awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing!! I LOVE your work!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit and commenting! Your input means a lot to me. Have a great day! ~Jann

Popular posts from this blog

Free YouTube Easter Junk Journal Series

"What? You Are Drawing and Painting In Your Bible?!?!?!"